UK Butterflies LTD, Bradford, United Kingdom - Project Partner
The E-education event was run by UK Butterflies LTD on the 2nd of September 2020 in Bradford, United Kingdom. The aim of this event was to share the idea of the project around e-platform, e- status, e-system, IT skills for the most vulnerable citizens in our society and the support workers working with the must vulnerable members of our community.
During this 1 day event we covered:
- ADULT EDUCATION: Facilitate access to skills improvement paths
- ADULT EDUCATION: Improving and broadening the range of high-quality learning opportunities tailored to the individual needs of adults with low skills or qualifications
- Development of relevant skills and competences at a high level
- Accessing e-education and new media
We also discussed the barriers and fears of the members of out society in regards to the e-system, IT skills and their vulnerability.
The aim of the event was also to break myth and stereotypes around lifelong learning of adults by using a unique advisory platform dedicated to adults, with particular emphasis on people living in rural areas, from smaller cities, and increasing the availability of non-formal education among adults.
We also discussed issues around:
- enabling the use of non-formal education for adults from smaller towns, rural areas, as well as encouraging and reducing social, psychological, internal and distance barriers in adults with fewer opportunities and lower skills,
- increasing the number of effective work solutions for advisers, educators with adults,
- improving the accessibility of educational tools to facilitate the use of non-formal education with the use of modern technologies
- increasing of knowledge on the needs and expectations of recipients of innovative tools in non-formal education
- creating a space with open educational resources dedicated to adults.
We shared the project outcomes and encouraged people including frontline workers working with those adults who have bigger problems and barriers with active use of forms offered as part of adult education thus they are treated as a priority in the project.
At the same time, the proposed tools, an advisory platform along with educational open resources, will be able to strengthen adults with fewer opportunities and lower skills. Also the tool will benefit adults from large cities in each of the three countries and other places in the world, but it will be the intermediate result of the project.
The result of the project is an innovative consulting platform in the final version. A platform connecting users of consultancy services with advisors together with full organisational functionality (calendar, advisors' database, online contact tools (videoconferences, chat), and original materials that will help improve their competences. The results of intellectual work serves to encourage adults to constantly learn, improve their competences, soft skills, personal and professional development, improve skills, expand knowledge, support distance learning processes and strengthen the user-advisor relationship throughout the learning process.The results of the work is a determinant and helpful tool for the non-formal education market as they are innovative, new forms of work with adults. The advantage of the platform and materials is the opportunity to use them outside of big cities that are the centre of educational activities addressed to adults, outside the workplace, away from the adjustment of the amount of time, it enables them to learn in their own time frame and their own capabilities.
Thank you for your presence and hope to share more details with you soon!